Saturday, September 10, 2011

Assignment #1-Scavenger Hunt

UNPROCESSED






PROCESSED






OVER PROCESSED








Description

The first picture of the little boy was taken during a hard time in his life and I thought the photo captured his feelings pretty well. When I edited the image in photosop, I decreased the exposure quite a bit because the whole image (especially the background) was SO overexposed. I also used the smartsharpen filter to make his eye stand out more because I think that's where the emotion in the photo stemmed from. For the over processed photo, I used the ever popular vignette but I put my own spin on it to make it a heart. Then I made it b&w to add some "class."

The second picture is of my hand right after I had finished weeding the garden. When I edited this photo I increased the exposure a little and highlighted areas of the hand to make it look a little more three-dimensional. I also increased the contrast to make the dirt stand out more because I felt like it blended in a little in the unprocessed image. For the overprocessed photo I increased the saturation to almost 100% and highlighted the red, yellow, and magenta areas. It gave the photo a nice "hellish" look as if my hand is in the fiery pits of hell.

The last photo was taken at a ranch near my grandparents home and it was an accident photo that turned out pretty well. I felt like this image didn't need much editing except for the exposure so all I did was increase the exposure to about 10%. When I overprocessed it, I upped the contrast to 100% and brightness to 45%, then I used the sharpen tool to make the grass and hair on the horse look like pointy daggers, and then I used a warming photo filter to make my photo "rustic."

I learned that producing a photo that already looks good without editing is ALWAYS the better option. Photoshopping takes too much time, doesn't look as real, and it entices me to change the aspects of my photos too much. Photoshop = a lazy photographer.

My haiku
Photoshop creates
Devil hands that come from hell
No one likes hell hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment